Talk:2573: Alien Mission
- Hi, but do remember to sign your Talk stuff, however otherwise meaningless. ;) 18.104.22.168 19:21, 26 January 2022 (UTC)
I wonder whether they're also looking for Little Green Men, these aliens being themselves more of the 'bug-eyed monster' type. 22.214.171.124 19:21, 26 January 2022 (UTC)
- Although they follow each other there is no clear indication that the two aliens are the same. --Kynde (talk) 09:10, 27 January 2022 (UTC)
I question the current Analysis "The humor derives from the fact that UFO enthusiasts and cryptozoology enthusiasts have a similar mindset: They both believe in phenomena that the scientific establishment declares to be baseless." At a deeper level that may be true, but the primary humor comes from (a) us not being the reason for the alien presence (we tend to assume it's all about us) and (b) the sudden absurd realization that aliens have cryptozoology enthusiasts too.--126.96.36.199 23:41, 27 January 2022 (UTC)
- "Every inch of the surface"
- Yes,....yes it should.-- The Cat Lady (talk) 20:03, 26 January 2022 (UTC)
- It should be "every square meter", because who on earth (and beyond) is still using imperial units? Kimmerin (talk) 08:33, 27 January 2022 (UTC)
- Maybe it is "every linear inch" because they have an advanced technology allowing them to scan an infinity of lines and add the results to create a surface?188.8.131.52 12:19, 27 January 2022 (UTC)
I would hate myself if I didn't put in a plug for a friend's book series, Sci-Comedy genre. In Jerry Boyd's Bob and Nikki series, Bigfoot aren't native, they were dumped here by a different group of aliens that occasionally used them as slaves. They also love garlic and you can effectively trade with them. There are also Starfoot, who are used as slaves by the Commonwealth but have a planet of their own. Since DB Cooper speaks their language, he and his grandson left earth to settle there and raise garlic fields. All in all a rollicking funny series. Seebert (talk)
- I suspect Randall got bored of that project, or got tired of doing new research for it. The What if? page hasn't been updated in a few years, though Randall had written several books that seem to be similar: what_if#The_book and How To. 184.108.40.206 22:56, 28 January 2022 (UTC)
- yeah, but did you see the Countdown in header text? could be a possible what if? 2.New editor (talk) 08:26, 30 January 2022 (UTC)
- t.rex on a plane...New editor (talk) 08:26, 30 January 2022 (UTC)
- wow, i predicted it. i'm as surprised as you are.