|Terminator: Dark Fate|
Title text: I was sent here to stop the robot that was sent here to protect the human who was sent here to protect the human who was sent here to destroy the robot that was sent here to vacuum the floor.
It is a common trope in science fiction to go into the past to stop events from ever happening (this is seen in the Terminator series). This comic plays this trope to the extreme by having Cueball's future self come to stop him from watching Terminator: Dark Fate, which leads to a Cueball from that timeline to come tell him to watch it, and then two more of himself come back in order to stop him from watching it, so on so forth, making the time travelling Cueballs go up by an exponential rate.
|| This explanation may be incomplete or incorrect: Created by a BOT. Please mention here why this explanation isn't complete. Do NOT delete this tag too soon.|
If you can address this issue, please edit the page! Thanks.
- [One Cueball is walking to the right. Another Cueball floats in a bubble which emits a burst of energy.]
- Cueball (Future 1): I've traveled back in time to stop you from seeing
Terminator: Dark Fate!
- Cueball (Present): But it looks so good! Reviews are actually decent! Mackenzie Davis! Linda Hamilton is Back!
- Cueball (Future 1): I know, but you always think this, and you're always disappointed.
- Cueball (Present): I guess...
- [Another Cueball appears in a bubble the same way as the first.]
- Cueball (Future 2): Hi, I'm from the future where you didn't watch it and I realize I still kind of want to see it.
- Cueball (Present): Let's go together!
- [Another bubble appears, this time containing two Cueballs.]
- Cueball (Future 3): No! We're both of you from the future! We're here to stop you!
add a comment! ⋅ add a topic (use sparingly)! ⋅ refresh comments!
- [Five more individually-wrapped Cueballs appear.]
- Cueball (Future 5): I'm here to stop you!
- Cueball (Future 6): I'm here to stop the robot sent to stop you!
- Cueball (Future 7): I'm here to protect you from...you? I lost track.
- Cueball (Future 8): I'm here to kill Hitler. Did I get the right year?
- Cueball (Future 9): I'm here to get tickets because in like 20 minutes you people buy them all.
Has anyone read Branches on the Tree of Time? This reminded me of that story. 184.108.40.206 22:12, 30 October 2019 (UTC)
Can someone add a category for The Terminator series? There is this comic along with 1046: Skynet, 104: Find You, 652: More Accurate, 1978: Congressional Testimony, 534: Genetic Algorithms, and probably others. 220.127.116.11 22:25, 30 October 2019 (UTC)
- Done: Category:Terminator; apart from this and your five others I found 11 more... Good call. --Kynde (talk) 15:45, 31 October 2019 (UTC)
Although not explicitlt mentioned, the idea of going back in time to warn yourself to do or not do something is also reminiscent of Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure Barmar (talk) 01:04, 31 October 2019 (UTC)
Could there be a meta-joke here with having the same cueballs in a bunch, this comic being number 2222 ? 18.104.22.168 (talk) (please sign your comments with ~~~~)
- Not enough to put it in the explanation. But now it will be mentioned here... :-) --Kynde (talk) 15:00, 31 October 2019 (UTC)
Awfully similar to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Back_to_the_Pilot 22.214.171.124 (talk) (please sign your comments with ~~~~)
But... they're all NAKED! Cueball doesn't have enough sets of clothes for them all. 126.96.36.199 08:29, 31 October 2019 (UTC)
I don't think any of them besides the second are actually guaranteed to be Cueball. They could be other people sent back, who cared strongly about Cueball watching the film for some reason. That's right, Jacky720 just signed this (talk | contribs) 11:22, 31 October 2019 (UTC)
- They are of course all Cueball that is the joke. Also the two coming together even states that they are both you... --Kynde (talk) 15:00, 31 October 2019 (UTC)
You guys are missing the whole point: does this mean I should or SHOULD NOT go see the movie? Right now I'm doing both because I'm stuck in a box with a cat and a radioactive decay trigger... -- Cellocgw (talk) (please sign your comments with ~~~~)
I just want to link to the deja vu family guy episode Youtube - Brian and Stewie go Time Travelin --188.8.131.52 22:23, 31 October 2019 (UTC)
- AS SOON as I saw this comic, I knew I had to read the comments to make sure somebody essentially said "Family Guy Did It First!" (which comment is in itself a South Park reference). :) Jeez, this comic is essentially a copy of that scene in that episode! :) NiceGuy1 (talk) 05:35, 1 November 2019 (UTC)
I came here to comment that this strip seemed awfully similar to this sketch video but it turns out that general hilarity caused by people time traveling and then talking to themselves is just a common comedic topic. Oh well. 184.108.40.206 10:01, 1 November 2019 (UTC)
- Maybe it is worthwhile to simply append a list of other takes on the comedic topic. My contribution is "What do the Teenage Boys do" Episode 4 220.127.116.11 06:09, 4 November 2019 (UTC)