Title text: My thighs have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord?
In each panel, Cueball sings a verse from a different song where he replaces the word "eye" with the word "thigh." First it is Survivor's "Eye of the Tiger," then Dean Martin's "That's Amore," and finally Van Morrison's "Brown Eyed Girl."
The comic shows how vastly different each song's meaning becomes when "eye" is replaced with "thigh." In the last panel, Cueball's version makes Megan go "eww," and she asks him if he doesn't have a job he should be doing instead. The eww refers to the fact that the brown-eyed girl turns into a brown-thighed girl, and such colored thighs could be eminently possible via an act of poor defecation on oneself, hence the disgust reaction from Megan.
In the title text, it seems that Cueball continues with a reference to the first line of The Battle Hymn of the Republic, adding to the humorous effect, since typically thighs cannot see. But mainly it is a sexual joke playing on the double meaning of "coming".
In 1814: Color Pattern, Randall makes his own version of "That's Amore," this time letting Megan sing it to Cueball.
- [Cueball is singing into a microphone he is holding while Megan sit in her office chair typing on her computer. Musical notes fly around Cueball.]
- Cueball: It's the thigh of the tiger
- [Cueball continues to sing, titling his head upwards.]
- Cueball: When the moon hits your thigh like a big pizza pie, that's amore.
- [Cueball sings on now holding the microphone in both hands.]
- Cueball: She's my brown-thighed girl.
- Megan: Don't you have a job or something?
- Megan: Also, Eww.
add a comment! ⋅ add a topic (use sparingly)! ⋅ refresh comments!
"Also, eww" implies that Megan has taken a scatological interpretation of "brown-thighed girl". JET73L (talk) 12:22, 19 January 2013 (UTC)
The song was originally "Brown-Skinned Girl", so the last panel is even funnier (albeit unintentionally). 184.108.40.206 (talk) (please sign your comments with ~~~~) Weird how he says "She's" when the lyrics are "You my brown-eyed girl". 220.127.116.11 16:21, 9 July 2021 (UTC)
My wife and I started riffing on this comic last night with various songs, and ended up laughing too hard to continue. My favorite was from Total Eclipse of the Heart with "Turn around, bright thighs"